Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Pictures and an update

Just getting caught up on everything (I'd forgotten how hard it is to get everything done with a newborn around the house!)

More pictures here and here. I still only have up till Aug 14 pictures uploaded, but am working on getting more up.

Jacqueline was 4 weeks old on the 26th. She's been gaining weight at an average of just over an ounce a day. As of yesterday, she weighed 8 lbs, 13 oz. for comparison, Christian weighed 8 lbs, 14 oz at one month of age (although he gained from a lower birth weight than Jacqueline). She's having some gas issues, so I've been trialling off dairy to see if that helps. With Christian, I needed to be off dairy for the first 6 months because it affected him so badly. So far the jury's out. I tested it this past weekend, and she didn't have an immediate reaction, but she was pretty gassy on Tuesday, so I'm back off it for another week or two and will test it again.

She's starting to have some more alert periods. It's a change from the eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat again routine of the past few weeks, and I catch myself wondering "Why won't she go to sleep??!!" before I realize that, oh yeah, she is going to become more alert and sleep less as she gets older.

She's sleeping fairly well at night, giving me some 4 and 5 hour stretches. Certainly makes the sometimes hourly feedings during the evening worth it!

Christian has been gradually warming up to her. Still haven't been able to convince him to hold her ("I'll hold her when I'm 4") but he now gives her kisses goodnight and goodbye when he leaves for preschool, and has recently started doling out hugs as well. He's generally very gentle with her, but needs the occasional reminder. He calls her "my baby sister," "my baby" or "Dacqueline" (he can't pronounce the "J" yet).

No comments: