Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Family fun in July

Aunt Michelle, Uncle Bradley, Melissa and Aidan came to visit for the last week in July. It was a fun week with visits to the zoo and Niagara falls, as well as get-togethers with friends and family.

Here are the girl cousins on Jacqueline's birthday - Estella, Jacqueline and Melissa. I was unable to get all the boys together for a photo - Christian was not in the mood for posing that day.

Posted by Picasa
Cousin Mika:


Aidan at the butterfly conservatory


Jacqueline at the conservatory:


Always love a trip to the butterfly conservatory. My fave butterfly pic of the day:


A Blue Morpho (yes, I realize that this butterfly is not blue...the other surface of its wings are a vivid electric blue. One of my two or three fave butterflies, but incredibly hard to get a shot of these ones, as they rarely stay still for long) landed on Jacqueline's toy. this was snapped just seconds before J. made a grab for the butterfly - luckily, she was no match for the butterfly, who took off to safety!



Everyone except Jacqueline and I went for a ride on the Maid of the mist. I went for a walk while Jacqueline slept peacefully in the stroller.

Here's Christian with his ticket, just prior to going on the boat. He was a little excited :)


And here they are on the boat:


After Maid of the Mist, we headed off to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. Once again, very difficult to get all 3 kids posing! I have renewed respect for school photographers!

I got Christian to pose here by telling him I'd take a picture so that it looks like the giant Hershey's Kiss is on his head!


Finally, just before we headed home, I managed to get Christian to pose in front of this fountain.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: