Sunday, May 3, 2009

Close call...aka pea in the nose

I thought since Christian is now past 4, that we had surpassed the stage of putting food into orifices other than the mouth.  Well, I thought wrong.  We're sitting at the dinner table, eating our meal of chicken, peas & corn, when what do I see, but Christian very nonchalantly inserting a pea into his nostril.  I told him to stop, but he just kept slowly pushing it up further, until Hugo grabbed his arm to stop him.  Luckily, it had not gone far enough yet and Hugo was able to get it out by just pinching his nostril.  Whew!  what a relief! I had visions of us heading to the emergency room.  

Once it was out, I actually had a hard time not laughing, but if Christian thinks we think it's funny...well, you can see where that may lead. So I gave him a stern talking to about what would happen if he stuck it up there too far and he had to go to the hospital to get it out with tweezers.  I think he grasped the seriousness of it, because, very unlike him, he just sat there, seriously, just listening, and not saying one word.  

Lets hope this is our one and only foray into the world of foreign bodies!  

No comments: